My life on the road of the 1st National Tour of the Broadway musical Memphis.

Friday, March 16, 2012

We finally got out of Cleveland!! And I truly have to say Thank God!!
That  theatre was such a hard space to be in, and I hated all the changes we had to do to the show to make it fit into it. It was hell for cast and crew to have to twist and change and compromise for us to perform there.
And what made it even worse, was the sunday 1pm matinee, would should just be out lawed as it is, but because of day light savings, it made us loose an hr of the already not enough recovery time, and do a show at noon, which felt like 11. Let me say I'm glad there were no critics in the audience that day, cause we were in too much pain to even have the extra strength to care what the show looked like.( which by the grace of God looked good, I think we were under a special blessing) But of course because of that situation, people were getting hurt left and right, and by the second show we had to do that day, folks were dropping out like flies thru out the show, and boy did it hurt picking up the slack. So much so that I ended up with a pounding migraine that lasted for the next day and a half. All that to end a 2 week stint. I was ready to get the H E double hockey sticks out of there.

Then there was these mid west town called the twin cities. That's right folks we're in Minneapolis and St Paul, and it has been a phenomenal homecoming. Now I say homecoming cause for you that don't know, my last show before this was right here in Minneapolis working at the Guthrie theatre. HMA PINAFORE, which was shown on pbs as part of there master arts series and still is broadcast. Now I of course didn't realize what an amazing summer I had here til I was gone, and thinking back to all the memories, and looking at photo albums. I had a freakin awesome time here! Made some awesome friends,  lived in a great place, and worked for a great theater. On top of that, this place was my last known residence, last place I had sat down in, and made some decent connections before tour started, so it really is like a home coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment