My life on the road of the 1st National Tour of the Broadway musical Memphis.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hello hello and hello,

So here we are in Cleveland, and I get to feel semi domestic cause I am in an apt for the next 2 weeks, so I've gotten to go grocery shopping, and cook my own healthy food, and hang out in my living room, YAAAAY!.
Everyone was excited to get and a bit scared to be here. We have our first day off since Christmas next monday. A real actual Golden day. No traveling, no loading out, just a full day of rest. Praise God. Which especially is much needed for our crew. In fact lots of them are totally taking advantage of the situation, by going on vacations. Actually this is the season that vacationing has really picked up. So things are even more crazy.
Now the reason why we are all scared is because this is the official first theatre that we shouldn't be in at all. There is no crossover space on stage, we have to travel under the stage thru the basement, and then go up a single person flight of spiral stairs. A couple of Fly pieces have been cut, and we've even had to have a 2hr rehearsal to re-block and restage entrances and exits. So we're not doing the show that we set out with, which is kinda ridiculous. And our poor crew doubled the usual load in time cause of it.
But the show must go on, and we opened last night.We actually got thru it, though we had some mistakes cause of the new changes the show was a hit of course. The only real thing that messed up was the stairs not moving in for the last scene in act 1. So we all had to improvise and act our faces off. Kudos goes out to Rhett George as gator.

I have my doctors appt today for my knees, it's going to be a journey getting up there, wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment